Post pictures of your spencer mess *NOT SAFE FOR ARTBLUR*

578 posts / 0 new
Last post
RJ
RJ's picture

Zombie, How many bikes do you own?! Got any decent pictures of em all?

truckdoug wrote:
go fuck yourself, fun hating motherfucker

Thu, 09/11/2008 - 00:06
phil
phil's picture

danger_scott wrote:
I keep that crap in the kitchen. WHERE IT BELONGS.

good idea, it can keep the women company.

Thu, 09/11/2008 - 00:12
zombie

xARExJAYx wrote:
Zombie, How many bikes do you own?! Got any decent pictures of em all?

I own 5 bikes and frames and parts to build up another 2, and there are 2 other bikes here now. All but a few of them have been up in the Post Your spencer thread.

Thu, 09/11/2008 - 00:16
VT regularbike
VT regularbike's picture

jim wrote:

(l), what is this wheelset? and is it for sale?

It's two mismatched wheels. The front is in good condition the rear is a bent up maxic cp-11 I think. The hub is still good which I think is a shimano rsx 7spd. The rear is for sale if you really want it the front is a spare for my polo spencer.

Miguel wrote:
i mean as long as we're spending money, lets just set the wallet on fire ok

Thu, 09/11/2008 - 08:55
VT regularbike
VT regularbike's picture

Rusty Piton wrote:
Do I see the begining of a swingbike in this pic?

It's actually a completed swing spencer. It's just covered with junk because it doesn't get ridden very often.

Miguel wrote:
i mean as long as we're spending money, lets just set the wallet on fire ok

Thu, 09/11/2008 - 08:56
cookietruck
cookietruck's picture

jim wrote:
(l), what is this wheelset? and is it for sale?

those aren't my pics. i was just commenting on how easy an explosive mess can accumulate.

Thu, 09/11/2008 - 09:38
Whippin Skidz
Whippin Skidz's picture

(|) wrote:
jim wrote:
(l), what is this wheelset? and is it for sale?

those aren't my pics. i was just commenting on how easy an explosive mess can accumulate.

yeah, i figured that out eventually, but decided not to edit since it makes me look dumb, and dumb is funny.

Thu, 09/11/2008 - 11:06
Rusty Piton
Rusty Piton's picture

I finally got rid of my shitty pool table, so now it's just the spencer mess room!

emor wrote:
Bicycle commuting is the worst way to get anywhere except for all the other ways.

Mon, 09/15/2008 - 17:20
gerund
gerund's picture

Dang, zombie, your apartment gets great natural light. I'm jealous. Mine is a cave.

Mon, 09/15/2008 - 23:50
Petr5
Petr5's picture

Rusty Piton wrote:
I finally got rid of my shitty pool table, so now it's just the spencer mess room!

Congratulations? My spencer mess room is allegedly the sewing room. I can't get away with calling them either without getting a dirty look.

Sneaky Viking wrote:
"Your spencer sucks and we have a team of biased experts to pseudo-scientifically test that hypothesis, all in blue shirts."

Tue, 09/16/2008 - 00:32
kaido_k
kaido_k's picture

anomaly wrote:
Please post a good picture of the Superbe, I haven't seen them that often before

Fri, 09/19/2008 - 08:14
ArtBlur
ArtBlur's picture

koteigear wrote:
anomaly wrote:
Please post a good picture of the Superbe, I haven't seen them that often before

please mail them to:
By Design
Attn: Erik Lopez
216 Catalonia Ave #108
Coral Gables, FL 33134

Fri, 09/19/2008 - 09:34
frankstoneline
frankstoneline's picture

Resurrecting this bitch, my mess evolved.
check out my new organization111




Fri, 10/24/2008 - 14:18
coco
coco's picture

I'm confused. Which way does gravity work for you... ?

doofo wrote:
tarckbear has a mysterious plan for each of us

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 14:25
frankstoneline
frankstoneline's picture

NitroPye wrote:
I'm confused. Which way does gravity work for you... ?

if you are curious about the brown spencer, its just wedged between a closet and desk

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 14:39
Rusty Piton
Rusty Piton's picture

A)What are the wheels on the right?

B)Are they for sale?

emor wrote:
Bicycle commuting is the worst way to get anywhere except for all the other ways.

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 15:12
Patch
Patch's picture

They are really fucking light, that's for sure.

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 16:04
coco
coco's picture

When I look at those pictures I feel like everything on my desk is going to fall onto the wall to my right.

doofo wrote:
tarckbear has a mysterious plan for each of us

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 17:13
Anonymous (not verified)

artblur wrote:
koteigear wrote:
anomaly wrote:
Please post a good picture of the Superbe, I haven't seen them that often before

please mail them to:
By Design
Attn: Erik Lopez
216 Catalonia Ave #108
Coral Gables, FL 33134

I'm gonna send you the filthiest spencer part I can find.

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 17:22
Rusty Piton
Rusty Piton's picture

I'm gonna send him a high quality aged steak packed in dry ice.

emor wrote:
Bicycle commuting is the worst way to get anywhere except for all the other ways.

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 17:50
johnnyraja
johnnyraja's picture

I'm gonna send you straight to the moon!

miguelaron wrote:
obese and unamerican
is your name Fat Albert Queda by any chance?

euclid wrote:
If you never open packages or slice fruit, is life really worth living?

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 17:53
Patch
Patch's picture

I'm gonna send him a bear toe and demand all his bikes.

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 17:55
johnnyraja
johnnyraja's picture

With nail polish?

miguelaron wrote:
obese and unamerican
is your name Fat Albert Queda by any chance?

euclid wrote:
If you never open packages or slice fruit, is life really worth living?

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 17:57
Patch
Patch's picture

tarckest nail polish out there.
edit:


Cleaning out everyone else's shit in the back room is going to be a long and painful process. Even then it won't be an ideal place for bicycles because of it having no insulation. The temperature fluctuation will probably be pretty taxing on my frames. What does everyone think, should I keep my surly in the warmer part of the house?

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 18:04
zombie

bold wrote:
The temperature fluctuation will probably be pretty taxing on my frames. What does everyone think, should I keep my surly in the warmer part of the house?

It's fine, but I would put a tarp over my bikes to keep the dew off.

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 18:10
Patch
Patch's picture

The only one I don't use every day is the MTB. I pull the other bikes out at least three times a day (fg) and once a day (surly). A tarp in conjunction with the two doors I have to bring it through would be a huge pain when I could just leave it in the living room, Which I think I will do unless it starts to get rainy.

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 19:33
kembear
kembear's picture

NitroPye wrote:
When I look at those pictures I feel like everything on my desk is going to fall onto the wall to my right.

I keep trying to rotate them in my head like you do when someone posts a sideways picture. Only I can't figure out which way is supposed to be up and I get dizzy.

Sat, 10/25/2008 - 04:00
DangerCat
DangerCat's picture

bold wrote:
The only one I don't use every day is the MTB. I pull the other bikes out at least three times a day (fg) and once a day (surly). A tarp in conjunction with the two doors I have to bring it through would be a huge pain when I could just leave it in the living room, Which I think I will do unless it starts to get rainy.

Do you just constantly switch bikes!?

Sat, 10/25/2008 - 04:32
Patch
Patch's picture

Nah I come home in between classes and before meetings. The surly is only for longer rides. Point is, the FG only goes in the back at night.

Sat, 10/25/2008 - 05:39
frankstoneline
frankstoneline's picture

Rusty Piton wrote:
A)What are the wheels on the right?

B)Are they for sale?

Wheels on right:
Rear, suzue track (vintage) laced to an araya world champ tubby, front, campy lf road laced to an MA-4, it matches the rear shown on the hook on the left.

I dunno if they are for sale or not, kinda unsure as to how I feel about selling em, as I got them as a craigslist gift from a nice couple nearby along with the tandem frame.

most of those pictures are oriented with the floor to the left side, cept the wheels are the other way I think.

Sat, 10/25/2008 - 06:38
Ant P. BearCave
Ant P. BearCave's picture

not a mess anymore but i can't find the other thread

Sat, 10/25/2008 - 11:39
Rusty Piton
Rusty Piton's picture

frankstoneline wrote:
Rusty Piton wrote:
A)What are the wheels on the right?

B)Are they for sale?

Wheels on right:
Rear, suzue track (vintage) laced to an araya world champ tubby, front, campy lf road laced to an MA-4, it matches the rear shown on the hook on the left.

I dunno if they are for sale or not, kinda unsure as to how I feel about selling em, as I got them as a craigslist gift from a nice couple nearby along with the tandem frame.

most of those pictures are oriented with the floor to the left side, cept the wheels are the other way I think.

Hmm.
Don't need tubbies anyway.

emor wrote:
Bicycle commuting is the worst way to get anywhere except for all the other ways.

Sat, 10/25/2008 - 14:12
kembear
kembear's picture

Ok fine, here's mine:







Sat, 10/25/2008 - 19:09
coco
coco's picture

Oh good god.

doofo wrote:
tarckbear has a mysterious plan for each of us

Sat, 10/25/2008 - 19:14
Cap-Cap
Cap-Cap's picture

ok i am officially super jealous of kemmer. but clean that shit dude!!

Sat, 10/25/2008 - 19:20
coco
coco's picture

Kemmer if I had all that stuff I would have gone mega OCD on it and built a shred for it and hung everything on labeled hooks and put everything in labeled drawers.

doofo wrote:
tarckbear has a mysterious plan for each of us

Sun, 10/26/2008 - 17:00
kembear
kembear's picture

NitroPye wrote:
Kemmer if I had all that stuff I would have gone mega OCD on it and built a shred for it and hung everything on labeled hooks and put everything in labeled drawers.

I'll buy you a plane ticket and give you all the beer you can drink if you'll come do this. My wife has just agreed to cook you 3 squares a day and massage your feet while you're here.

Sun, 10/26/2008 - 18:35
brandune
brandune's picture

here we go....





Sun, 10/26/2008 - 18:41
Patch
Patch's picture

Awesome Raleigh lamp holder.

Sun, 10/26/2008 - 18:50
Cap-Cap
Cap-Cap's picture

BRANDUNE wrote:

OH NO WAY I HAVE THE SAME STEREO

Sun, 10/26/2008 - 19:18
coco
coco's picture

Bandwitch wrote:
BRANDUNE wrote:

OH NO WAY I HAVE THE SAME STEREO

I had to stare at that thing like it was a where's waldo to find the stereo.

doofo wrote:
tarckbear has a mysterious plan for each of us

Sun, 10/26/2008 - 23:08
RJ
RJ's picture

Surprised you didnt see your avatar in there too.

truckdoug wrote:
go fuck yourself, fun hating motherfucker

Sun, 10/26/2008 - 23:19
kembear
kembear's picture

NitroPye wrote:
Bandwitch wrote:
BRANDUNE wrote:

OH NO WAY I HAVE THE SAME STEREO

I had to stare at that thing like it was a where's waldo to find the stereo.

That would be a fun game. I'll send a silly prize to the first person who can find a Mercedes Benz hubcap in one of these pictures:

Sun, 10/26/2008 - 23:27
Rusty Piton
Rusty Piton's picture

kemmer wrote:

Top pic, back wall, next to the old colorado(?) licence plate!

What do I win?

emor wrote:
Bicycle commuting is the worst way to get anywhere except for all the other ways.

Sun, 10/26/2008 - 23:30
Cap-Cap
Cap-Cap's picture

pm'd

Sun, 10/26/2008 - 23:35
Cap-Cap
Cap-Cap's picture

damnit rusty!! at least i circled it!!

Sun, 10/26/2008 - 23:36
kembear
kembear's picture

Rusty Piton wrote:
kemmer wrote:

Top pic, back wall, next to the old colorado(?) licence plate!

What do I win?

I don't know, I'll go find you something out there. PM me your address.

Who can find a tube of park poly lube?

Sun, 10/26/2008 - 23:41
VT regularbike
VT regularbike's picture

kemmer wrote:
Rusty Piton wrote:
kemmer wrote:

Top pic, back wall, next to the old colorado(?) licence plate!

What do I win?

I don't know, I'll go find you something out there. PM me your address.

Who can find a tube of park poly lube?

Top Pic in front of the craftsman tool chest. Looks like its on an old red school desk? Next to a spray can of some sort and also near that cream colored bucket or whatever.

Miguel wrote:
i mean as long as we're spending money, lets just set the wallet on fire ok

Mon, 10/27/2008 - 11:05
kembear
kembear's picture

PM me your address for a goodie from kemmers pile o' crap.

Mon, 10/27/2008 - 14:30
kembear
kembear's picture

OK, find a Yakima spencer rack.

Mon, 10/27/2008 - 14:32

Pages