Tarck™ trademark registration

197 posts / 0 new
Last post
cheese
cheese's picture

tarcka registrada

Tue, 05/17/2016 - 20:32
fixed
fixed's picture

ok i will try to provide weekly-ish updates. when does other nate come back?

Wed, 05/18/2016 - 10:11
halbritt
halbritt's picture

This week, I think.

We're gonna hang out over Memorial day weekend.

...shift like jesus making one set of footprints in the sand in your time of need

Wed, 05/18/2016 - 13:55
jimmythefly
jimmythefly's picture

shouldn't it be trademarck ?

deadforkinglast wrote:
But honestly, I have no idea how I am going to follow through on that plan and I already have a pretty rad spencer. I think I just like fucking with my bikes.

Wed, 05/18/2016 - 14:38
joy of vaping
joy of vaping's picture

wow i completely missed this happening but it's awesome!

Mon, 05/23/2016 - 09:55
m4bandit
m4bandit's picture

Bud Light Lime - Flavor With a Twist!

Mon, 05/23/2016 - 20:06
buffoon
buffoon's picture

C&D!

Lippy wrote:
a measured amount of muscle and hate when installing should keep that from happening.

Mon, 05/23/2016 - 20:16
NOVELTYNAME
NOVELTYNAME's picture
(Reply to #58)

buffoon wrote:
C&D!

Start flexing those muscles

"Folks want options!"

Mon, 05/23/2016 - 20:46
drwelby
drwelby's picture

So let's start using the trademark - don't need to register to show use.

Mon, 05/23/2016 - 20:55
hiljentaa
hiljentaa's picture

Tarck™ stickers???

Mon, 05/23/2016 - 21:33
NOVELTYNAME
NOVELTYNAME's picture

(Smaller)tarck (bigger)TM

"Folks want options!"

Mon, 05/23/2016 - 22:15
halbritt
halbritt's picture
(Reply to #62)

drwelby wrote:
So let's start using the trademark - don't need to register to show use.

Can you email this to me in a size appropriate for the banner?

halbritt at gmail dot com

...shift like jesus making one set of footprints in the sand in your time of need

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 00:49
TimArchyLime
TimArchyLime's picture
(Reply to #63)

m4bandit wrote:
SUE EVERYONE.

https://vimeo.com/167487723

Lol. Headed here to post this.

Snarky Varking wrote:
Tarckbike- Where mile 11 means you're on a long ride.

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 01:08
fixed
fixed's picture

can we just change the banner to CHROME INDUSTRIES and see how long it takes them to come after us?

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 09:46
drwelby
drwelby's picture

Just save a copy of the image I linked, it should be ready to go.

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 09:48
lukasz
lukasz's picture

tarck tm stickers!

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 09:51
halbritt
halbritt's picture
(Reply to #67)

drwelby wrote:
Just save a copy of the image I linked, it should be ready to go.

TM should be smaller.

...shift like jesus making one set of footprints in the sand in your time of need

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 11:29
euclid
euclid's picture
(Reply to #68)

halbritt wrote:
drwelby wrote:
Just save a copy of the image I linked, it should be ready to go.

TM should be bigger.

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 11:34
NOVELTYNAME
NOVELTYNAME's picture
(Reply to #69)

NOVELTYNAME wrote:
(Smaller)tarck (bigger)TM

"Folks want options!"

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 11:35
NOVELTYNAME
NOVELTYNAME's picture

TARCK

"Folks want options!"

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 11:37
m4bandit
m4bandit's picture

lolol

Bud Light Lime - Flavor With a Twist!

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 11:41
drwelby
drwelby's picture
(Reply to #72)

halbritt wrote:
drwelby wrote:
Just save a copy of the image I linked, it should be ready to go.

TM should be smaller.

Updated at original url.

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 11:43
hiljentaa
hiljentaa's picture
(Reply to #73)

NOVELTYNAME wrote:
TARCK

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 13:02
derrayyyvid
derrayyyvid's picture
(Reply to #74)

m4bandit wrote:
SUE EVERYONE.

https://vimeo.com/167487723

Quote:
I’m trying to figure out where to even begin with this one and I think it makes the most sense to explain what the term “Tarck” means. If you’ve been riding fixed gear for more than 5 or 6 years, you probably already know, but simply put it’s tricks on track bikes. It can be both something you do and used as a term to describe a type of spencer. It’s what Fixed Gear Freestyle started out as and has been making a silent resurgence as of lately.

Wed, 05/25/2016 - 16:48
Viggen
Viggen's picture

*Face mets palm*

Whippin Skidz wrote:
This is tarck, there is a complicated solution to everything and we will endlessly discuss until an agreed upon solution has been tabled. This is out of your hands now.

Wed, 05/25/2016 - 16:57
NOVELTYNAME
NOVELTYNAME's picture

what tarck literally means is a moot point

"Folks want options!"

Wed, 05/25/2016 - 17:02
Whippin Skidz
Whippin Skidz's picture
(Reply to #77)

derrayyyvid wrote:
m4bandit wrote:
SUE EVERYONE.

https://vimeo.com/167487723

Quote:
I’m trying to figure out where to even begin with this one and I think it makes the most sense to explain what the term “Tarck” means. If you’ve been riding fixed gear for more than 5 or 6 years, you probably already know, but simply put it’s tricks on track bikes. It can be both something you do and used as a term to describe a type of spencer. It’s what Fixed Gear Freestyle started out as and has been making a silent resurgence as of lately.

Wow.

Wed, 05/25/2016 - 17:59
turpencat
turpencat's picture
(Reply to #78)

NOVELTYNAME wrote:
what tarck literally means is a moot point

It's not even that though

johnnyraja wrote:
If you've never done it then yes, it's very surprising.

Wed, 05/25/2016 - 18:23
NOVELTYNAME
NOVELTYNAME's picture
(Reply to #79)

turpencat wrote:
NOVELTYNAME wrote:
what tarck literally means is a moot point

It's not even that though

this was a failed attempt at the changed definitions of literally and moot

"Folks want options!"

Wed, 05/25/2016 - 18:27
fixed
fixed's picture

some people donated some more money so we're up to like $350. thanks!
now we just have to spend it.

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 09:56
emor
emor's picture

Fixed gear trick videos: still incredibly boring.

"my main life goal is to have a dirtbag camper van with a bunch of bikes on it, go camping every vacation forever" -- me

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 10:15
turpencat
turpencat's picture
(Reply to #82)

fix wrote:
some people donated some more money so we're up to like $350. thanks!
now we just have to spend it.

buy hats

johnnyraja wrote:
If you've never done it then yes, it's very surprising.

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 10:21
ergott
ergott's picture

I want an updated sticker

If someone on here did it, I'd probably like it. Since it was done by someone I don't know, they're a fucking idiot.

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 10:25
turpencat
turpencat's picture

what do you want on it?
I can do that after hats.

johnnyraja wrote:
If you've never done it then yes, it's very surprising.

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 10:27
ergott
ergott's picture

Aren't we updating to Tarck.spencer with the tm on it? New stickers with that? I still have a handful of the current ones so it's not really that important.

I'd really love a trucker hat with the logo on it. I can look into that since my wife works in that business. Anyone interested? I hate cycling caps.

If someone on here did it, I'd probably like it. Since it was done by someone I don't know, they're a fucking idiot.

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 10:37
joy of vaping
joy of vaping's picture
(Reply to #86)

emor wrote:
Fixed gear trick videos: still always incredibly boring.

https://vimeo.com/5482939

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 12:21
m4bandit
m4bandit's picture
(Reply to #87)

DumbJim wrote:
derrayyyvid wrote:
m4bandit wrote:
SUE EVERYONE.

https://vimeo.com/167487723

Quote:
I’m trying to figure out where to even begin with this one and I think it makes the most sense to explain what the term “Tarck” means. If you’ve been riding fixed gear for more than 5 or 6 years, you probably already know, but simply put it’s tricks on track bikes. It can be both something you do and used as a term to describe a type of spencer. It’s what Fixed Gear Freestyle started out as and has been making a silent resurgence as of lately.

Wow.

Hahahahahaha oh my fucking fuck.

Bud Light Lime - Flavor With a Twist!

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 14:02
cheese
cheese's picture
(Reply to #88)

ergott wrote:
Aren't we updating to Tarck.spencer with the tm on it? New stickers with that? I still have a handful of the current ones so it's not really that important.

I'd really love a trucker hat with the logo on it. I can look into that since my wife works in that business. Anyone interested? I hate cycling caps.

In for a trucker. Preferably with smiley and in some weird pattern like M90 or M/84 flecktarn.

Dunno about updating the stickers. The ones I have just say 'tarck.'

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 14:13
Whippin Skidz
Whippin Skidz's picture
(Reply to #89)

joy of tarcking wrote:
emor wrote:
Fixed gear trick videos: still always incredibly boring.

https://vimeo.com/5482939

Wheelies and skids down the same sidewalk over and over again
LMAO

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 14:19
joy of vaping
joy of vaping's picture

So when the trademark registration (then it'll be tarck® right?) is finalized does that mean we can send C&Ds to all the instag famous fixiebros using #tarck improperly?

We can use #tarck™ for all official tarck™ business.

Word filter to add ™ automatically?

* TARCK, tarckbike, and TAF are trademarks of Tarck Consulting, LLC.

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 14:45
ergott
ergott's picture

My life will be complete when a C&D goes out to Specialized for trying to use Tarck somewhere in the future.

If someone on here did it, I'd probably like it. Since it was done by someone I don't know, they're a fucking idiot.

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 15:15
NOVELTYNAME
NOVELTYNAME's picture

we have a team of experts working around the clock to pool their money together to maybe possibly eventually sue specialized

"Folks want options!"

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 16:23
drwelby
drwelby's picture

You don't need to register the trademark to enforce it. It just makes it clear(er) that you have a right to use it exclusively.

But the first step is to indicate that it's a trademark, which would mean to swap out the header logo with the one linked above.

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 16:26
hiljentaa
hiljentaa's picture

Diecut vinyl tarck™ stickers atmo.

~3/4" tall, black or white.

Goes with any spencer/component colourway.

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 17:06
Whippin Skidz
Whippin Skidz's picture
(Reply to #95)

joy of tarcking wrote:
Word filter to add ™ automatically?

Done. But it kinda fucks with usernames and some posts. LMK if it should stay.

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 17:09
buffoon
buffoon's picture
(Reply to #96)

DumbJim wrote:
joy of tarcking wrote:
Word filter to add ™ automatically?

Done. But it kinda fucks with usernames and some posts. LMK if it should stay.

Excellent!

Lippy wrote:
a measured amount of muscle and hate when installing should keep that from happening.

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 17:30
b-roll
b-roll's picture
(Reply to #97)

NOVELTYNAME wrote:
we have a team of experts working around the clock to pool their money together to maybe possibly eventually sue specialized

will contribute $$

"You know it's dumb. I know it's dumb. But fuck it, I still love it."

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 20:57
NOVELTYNAME
NOVELTYNAME's picture

You realize some spec bro might maybe log on an be like "yo lets make dis 650b track bikepacking porteur with tubeless tires and dick brakes and clutch 1x11 road drops and call it 'ATB ditherer' for short but everyone knows it's almighty Tarck bear and paint it 5 different splatter paint colourways yo check out this trash can headbadge the dirtbags are gonna love it!"

"Folks want options!"

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 21:15
NOVELTYNAME
NOVELTYNAME's picture

And at that point, we will grumble

"Folks want options!"

Thu, 05/26/2016 - 21:15
Whippin Skidz
Whippin Skidz's picture

huh?

Fri, 05/27/2016 - 02:33

Pages