Pro Cycling

9285 posts / 0 new
Last post
lukasz
lukasz's picture

chafe city man

Tue, 08/29/2017 - 16:02
fixed
fixed's picture

yeah can't go no-sock, not pro enough.

Tue, 08/29/2017 - 16:49
petit jong cat
petit jong cat's picture


#SaveArgyle: Keep Cannondale-Drapac alive in 2018 via indiegogo

today talansky retired and cannondale-drapac is asking for donations to keep the team alive for the upcoming season. it's a long shot but I'm hoping they meet their goal, it's a great team with many exciting american riders that have the possibility of animating world tour races

teepz wrote:
ive never wanted to punch you in the fucking face more than i do right now, lpc

Wed, 09/06/2017 - 23:32
NOVELTYNAME
NOVELTYNAME's picture

Lol proteam gofundme
Cannondales got money

"Folks want options!"

Fri, 09/08/2017 - 00:00
fixed
fixed's picture

yeah there are a lot of things i like about pro cycling, but i am not about to give my $ to slipstream.

Fri, 09/08/2017 - 11:36
Viggen
Viggen's picture

So aside from road cycling who is even the least bit stoked on the XC and DH WC in Cairns starting tomorrow?
Imma watch the shit out of it and of course I'm rooting for Sam Hill to make a unbelievable run on his enduro and for Danny Hart to send it and steal the show. There are so many great riders this year, competition is gonna be mad..
Think It'll be hard to beat Myriam Nicole in the ladies race but I'm rooting for Tracey Hannah to take the win, sad to read Rachel Atherton bust her clavicleboner in the qualifiers :(

Whippin Skidz wrote:
This is tarck, there is a complicated solution to everything and we will endlessly discuss until an agreed upon solution has been tabled. This is out of your hands now.

Fri, 09/08/2017 - 12:23
liquify
liquify's picture

Yeah, that was a bummer to wake up to wrt Atherton.
I like Seagrave.

It is really odd for us in the states when these things are going live. Finals for downhill are 11pm and 12am (vs early morning of most WC races). I probably won't stay up coz enduro the next morning. Will try to avoid spoilers, but that is unlikely to happen.

Fri, 09/08/2017 - 12:35
Viggen
Viggen's picture

Yeah, must be so hard coming in and defending the stripes and then get knocked out on an injury..

So women top qualifiers:
1 // Tahnée Seagrave – 4:03.420
2 // Myriam Nicole – 4:06.160
3 // Tracey Hannah – 4:10.090
4 // Emilie Siegenthaler – 4:14.550
5 // Eleonora Farina – 4:18.620

Mens:
1 // Mick Hannah – 3:30.620
2 // Loïc Bruni – 3:31.730
3 // Jack Moir – 3:32.870
4 // Aaron Gwin – 3:33.120
5 // Rudy Cabirou – 3:34.810

Danny Hart all the way back at 25th 9sec's behind and Sam Hill on his Nukeproof Mega at 12th 7 sec's behind. Would be pretty epic to se a double Hannah podium! Also if you haven't watched WynTV's track walk, do it.

Whippin Skidz wrote:
This is tarck, there is a complicated solution to everything and we will endlessly discuss until an agreed upon solution has been tabled. This is out of your hands now.

Fri, 09/08/2017 - 12:56
ryanoceros
ryanoceros's picture
(Reply to #9259)

Sagan wrote:
"100 is very nice. It's a nice number. But maybe it's better to live a hundred years. It's very nice but it's never enough. Once you're happy with something, you don't grow up, and we have to grow up always."

What about the number 3?

Fri, 09/08/2017 - 18:56
Endpoint
Endpoint's picture
(Reply to #9260)

NOVELTYNAME wrote:
Cannondales got money

Not from what I hear.

Fri, 09/08/2017 - 20:49
b-roll
b-roll's picture
(Reply to #9261)

ryanoceros wrote:
Sagan wrote:
"100 is very nice. It's a nice number. But maybe it's better to live a hundred years. It's very nice but it's never enough. Once you're happy with something, you don't grow up, and we have to grow up always."

What about the number 3?

4 seems OK too I guess...

"You know it's dumb. I know it's dumb. But fuck it, I still love it."

Fri, 09/08/2017 - 21:39
cousinmosquito
cousinmosquito's picture
(Reply to #9262)

Viggen wrote:
So aside from road cycling who is even the least bit stoked on the XC and DH WC in Cairns starting tomorrow?
Imma watch the shit out of it and of course I'm rooting for Sam Hill to make a unbelievable run on his enduro and for Danny Hart to send it and steal the show. There are so many great riders this year, competition is gonna be mad..
Think It'll be hard to beat Myriam Nicole in the ladies race but I'm rooting for Tracey Hannah to take the win, sad to read Rachel Atherton bust her clavicleboner in the qualifiers :(

I am! Raced worlds there in 96. Sam Gaze won u23 yesterday I heard. I better check. Might be some results out for elite already. It's geo blocked here unless, you have Sky.

Sat, 09/09/2017 - 01:22
cousinmosquito
cousinmosquito's picture

Tissottiming.com

Sat, 09/09/2017 - 02:00
Viggen
Viggen's picture
(Reply to #9264)

cousinmosquito wrote:
I am! Raced worlds there in 96. Sam Gaze won u23 yesterday I heard. I better check. Might be some results out for elite already. It's geo blocked here unless, you have Sky.

Cool!
How can red bull.tv be geoblocked? Get Chrome+Hola-plugin: profit.

Whippin Skidz wrote:
This is tarck, there is a complicated solution to everything and we will endlessly discuss until an agreed upon solution has been tabled. This is out of your hands now.

Sat, 09/09/2017 - 07:07
cousinmosquito
cousinmosquito's picture
(Reply to #9265)

Viggen wrote:
cousinmosquito wrote:
I am! Raced worlds there in 96. Sam Gaze won u23 yesterday I heard. I better check. Might be some results out for elite already. It's geo blocked here unless, you have Sky.

Cool!
How can red bull.tv be geoblocked? Get Chrome+Hola-plugin: profit.

I used to use hola then I read some stuff implying it was implicated in bot farms so I got feet after a while. Could have been BS.

Sat, 09/09/2017 - 08:15
lukasz
lukasz's picture

fuck yeah that was rad

contador was the most exciting stage racer of the year

Sat, 09/09/2017 - 12:01
cousinmosquito
cousinmosquito's picture

Only the live events were blocked on redbulltv as sky had the rights, over here.

Sat, 09/09/2017 - 16:02
Todd
Todd's picture
(Reply to #9268)

lukasz wrote:
fuck yeah that was rad

contador was the most exciting stage racer of the year

shit yeah!
But like, the whole time I was thinking, pro cycling is the new pro wrestling.

Sat, 09/09/2017 - 17:17
lukasz
lukasz's picture

pro wrestling was the new pro cycling atmo

Sat, 09/09/2017 - 17:20
b-roll
b-roll's picture

That'll do, Bert.
That'll do.

"You know it's dumb. I know it's dumb. But fuck it, I still love it."

Sat, 09/09/2017 - 17:41
Todd
Todd's picture
(Reply to #9271)

b-roll wrote:
That'll do, Bike.
That'll do.

TC: I say this all the time to my bike after surviving some horrible line choice.

Sat, 09/09/2017 - 18:27
jamey
jamey's picture

I wasn't a big fan of how much the final sprint determined the Cairns race. I guess it's kind of cool that it required the top people to be in better fitness, but it seemed kind of ridiculous for a DH course.

truckdoug "never turn down free beer, dont stick your dick where you wouldnt put your face, and always ride shimano"

Sun, 09/10/2017 - 16:32
iwillbe
iwillbe's picture

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/09/sarah-hammond-doubles-2017-race-rock-win/

Not sure if this is technically pro cycling, as these ultra-endurance races are not under the UCI's aegis, but wow. Sarah Hammond is a pretty amazing bike rider/racer/endurer.

Wed, 09/13/2017 - 10:07
Wintage Townie
Wintage Townie's picture
(Reply to #9274)

Endpoint wrote:
NOVELTYNAME wrote:
Cannondales got money

Not from what I hear.

Cannondale's parent company has got money, but they're not running a nonprofit.

Sneaky Viking wrote:
when you look back at your life sometimes you see a set of hands on your keyboard and a set of paws, but sometimes there's only a set of paws and that's when Tarckbear was typing for you.

Wed, 09/13/2017 - 10:22
cousinmosquito
cousinmosquito's picture
(Reply to #9275)

iwillbe wrote:
https://cyclingtips.com/2017/09/sarah-hammond-doubles-2017-race-rock-win/

Not sure if this is technically pro cycling, as these ultra-endurance races are not under the UCI's aegis, but wow. Sarah Hammond is a pretty amazing bike rider/racer/endurer.

Sure is, she put the shits up Lael Wilcox big time in the Transam, luckily Lael just boxed on until Sarah started making fatigue induced errors, losing 100's of kms with a wrong turn, and eventually blew. Note that Jesse (the organiser) in 3rd I think, started about 2 days late after his dyno hub was broken in transit this year. Last year he broke his hand. I am imagining that is probably the hardest ride out there, to do from a mental point of view. Although the Indiepac appeals to me just about as much.

Wed, 09/13/2017 - 23:00
heavymetal
heavymetal's picture

Yeah, heading out into the Australian bush like that is no joke. Hundreds (not kidding) of kms between services of any kind, on shitty roads and 4wd tracks.
It takes a level of fitness and intestinal fortitude that I lack. Sarah is a next-level athlete, no doubt. And full credit to Jesse for his ride too.

Wed, 09/13/2017 - 23:14
cousinmosquito
cousinmosquito's picture
(Reply to #9277)

heavymetal wrote:
Yeah, heading out into the Australian bush like that is no joke. Hundreds (not kidding) of kms between services of any kind, on shitty roads and 4wd tracks.
It takes a level of fitness and intestinal fortitude that I lack. Sarah is a next-level athlete, no doubt. And full credit to Jesse for his ride too.

Pretty sure I saw on Sarahs IG a mention of one stretch with 400kms with no food, or water, may have just been no food. You cant go 10 metres in NZ without water, ha ha. I see Sydney had the highest September temperature in 159 years yesterday. Oldest daughter has just moved their. Crikey.

Wed, 09/13/2017 - 23:19
ryanoceros
ryanoceros's picture
(Reply to #9278)

b-roll wrote:
ryanoceros wrote:
Sagan wrote:
"100 is very nice. It's a nice number. But maybe it's better to live a hundred years. It's very nice but it's never enough. Once you're happy with something, you don't grow up, and we have to grow up always."

What about the number 3?

4 seems OK too I guess...

I haven't seen next year's course, but why not?

Sun, 09/24/2017 - 12:54
Endpoint
Endpoint's picture

Unless its on an auto track in Zolder or finishes on a cat 1 climb I'd say he's the current favorite at this point.

Tue, 09/26/2017 - 23:07
Larry Winget
Larry Winget's picture

Local boy Logan Owen signs with Cannondale, or whatever they're going to be next year.

http://slipstreamsports.com/logan-owen-slipstream-sports/

He's still only 22 and won all the US cyclocross things as a junior.

The Pitbull of Personal Development®

Fri, 09/29/2017 - 03:49
Wintage Townie
Wintage Townie's picture

I don't get what he is signing with. Isn't Cannondale/Slipstream currently raising money in order to simply exist next year?

Sneaky Viking wrote:
when you look back at your life sometimes you see a set of hands on your keyboard and a set of paws, but sometimes there's only a set of paws and that's when Tarckbear was typing for you.

Fri, 09/29/2017 - 09:28
Perlhammered
Perlhammered's picture

Nah, they found a new title sponsor. Supposedly keeping them afloat for 3 years. Now known as Education First-Drapac p/b Cannondale underwritten by SRAM s/o to our crowdfunders

Fri, 09/29/2017 - 10:21
ryanoceros
ryanoceros's picture

That name should provide the Liggett lulz or finally cause him to have a heart attack during a live broadcast next year. Stoked.

Fri, 09/29/2017 - 17:43
lukasz
lukasz's picture

Lold

Fri, 09/29/2017 - 21:43

Pages