Post your Dirty Jumper

47181 posts / 0 new
Last post
petit jong cat
petit jong cat's picture

there are so many awzum bikes on this page. very nice y'all

teepz wrote:
ive never wanted to punch you in the fucking face more than i do right now, lpc

Thu, 08/10/2017 - 21:45
Mr. Pubes
Mr. Pubes's picture

aint no bikes on this page.

how foolish you must feel.

Fri, 08/11/2017 - 09:24
spaghetti
spaghetti's picture

crying

Fri, 08/11/2017 - 10:46
bobbythehawk
bobbythehawk's picture
(Reply to #46504)

Brian W. wrote:
IM BACK! (you probably didn't know i was gone but i was! I forgot my log in info or something)

BIKES:

Single Speed HAWK Cycles (frame built by our own Bobby the Hawk)...
Shreds real good and i raced CX on it once and it excelled at that as well.

PIVOT LES. Previous MTB but i don't think i ever posted it on Tarck. In this photo it was ready to race Monster Cross in VA. It was the perfect bike for that race IMHO.

Current shred machine... 2017 Trek Top Fuel 9.8SL w/ some custom extras (paint and XXX goods swapped on)... I love the shit out of this thing and ride it every chance i get. Its fast...

Same bike in Winter mode: (i just put 2.4s on it and call it winter mode)

guys don't make fun of Brian W's ween, he's sensitive

Fri, 08/11/2017 - 11:02
derrayyyvid
derrayyyvid's picture

it's 2017 and this is my first carbon bike

Sat, 08/12/2017 - 03:06
motorbacon
motorbacon's picture

It's 2017 and it's my first 120mm spaced bike

Sat, 08/12/2017 - 03:08
mdilthey
mdilthey's picture
(Reply to #46507)

motorbacon wrote:
It's 2017 and it's my first 120mm spaced bike

<3

26/M/41t N/W

Sat, 08/12/2017 - 03:38
Perlhammered
Perlhammered's picture

It's 2017 and this is my first hydro bike

Sat, 08/12/2017 - 17:02
kmcdon
kmcdon's picture

Took the gunther/ditherer out on a nice s24o up by the river at what looks to be a hobo camp. Was pretty decent, would camp again.

Caught the tail end of the Colorado Classic on the ride home.

Mon, 08/14/2017 - 11:09
Rusty Piton
Rusty Piton's picture

I'm so glad I didn't sell this bike. The tubeless wheelset is a fucking huge upgrade.

emor wrote:
Bicycle commuting is the worst way to get anywhere except for all the other ways.

Mon, 08/14/2017 - 12:01
emor
emor's picture

Guess I know where I'm going with the nerdavinden next

"my main life goal is to have a dirtbag camper van with a bunch of bikes on it, go camping every vacation forever" -- me

Mon, 08/14/2017 - 19:15
Rentable Faxmachine
Rentable Faxmachine's picture

Direct-to-consumer e-plus-bike (demo/loaner):

Wed, 08/16/2017 - 11:02
iwillbe
iwillbe's picture

Doing about 180-ish miles this weekend, taking the scenic route from RVA to Charlottesville and back.
-Happy to take feedback on the bag setup, this is kind of a rough draft. There are two Revelate Feedbags on the stem. My frame is super-huge, so even the biggest inside-frame pack looks a little short. I'm hoping it doesn't start swaying when I'm laying down some sick wattage*.

-The buttrockets are because I'm not used to Mid-Atlantic/Southern summers and am deathly afraid of dehydration; the bottle holders are very obviously angled for a 75deg seat tube.

-The bike's paint job is an ever-evolving collaboration betwen me and my kid, we take turns painting with paint pens on each others' bikes.

-Bike is getting bigger tires once the Sectors wear out, that's what the cx70 FD is there for.

-Trying the handlebar rotated up a little bit for longer rides, the reach on the rs685 lever bodies is pretty fearsome.

*this is not likely to occur.

Wed, 08/16/2017 - 14:28
ckd
ckd's picture

^ Marry me.

Spencer Raleigh, Medical Panini

Wed, 08/16/2017 - 16:24
iwillbe
iwillbe's picture
(Reply to #46515)

ckd wrote:
^ Marry me.

Your father and cousins will have to give me no fewer than 15 fatted oxen and a box with no fewer than 5 different herbs and spices for that deal to get done.

Wed, 08/16/2017 - 17:29
chairmandave
chairmandave's picture

I refurbished this old Nishiki Barbarian for my oldest brother to tool around and run errands.

My second-oldest brother originally bought this new in Okinawa when he was in the Marine Corps during the 80s. It passed hands through the family a couple times and ended up in my lap with just the frame, fork, headset and original bullmoose bar remaining.

Wed, 08/16/2017 - 19:33
Whippin Skidz
Whippin Skidz's picture
(Reply to #46517)

iwillbe wrote:

Doing about 180-ish miles this weekend, taking the scenic route from RVA to Charlottesville and back.
-Happy to take feedback on the bag setup, this is kind of a rough draft. There are two Revelate Feedbags on the stem. My frame is super-huge, so even the biggest inside-frame pack looks a little short. I'm hoping it doesn't start swaying when I'm laying down some sick wattage*.

-The buttrockets are because I'm not used to Mid-Atlantic/Southern summers and am deathly afraid of dehydration; the bottle holders are very obviously angled for a 75deg seat tube.

-The bike's paint job is an ever-evolving collaboration betwen me and my kid, we take turns painting with paint pens on each others' bikes.

-Bike is getting bigger tires once the Sectors wear out, that's what the cx70 FD is there for.

-Trying the handlebar rotated up a little bit for longer rides, the reach on the rs685 lever bodies is pretty fearsome.

*this is not likely to occur.

I haven't had too much wobble on my Tangle frame bag, even when carrying an extra water bottle in it, so I wouldn't expect you'd see much either as long as the straps are tight. I'm curious about the feed bags though, if they end up getting in the way when climbing out of the saddle. I'm tempted to try one or two since I don't have an easy way to carry a front bag on my dumb bike, but always assumed my knees would hit them.

Wed, 08/16/2017 - 19:34
kmcdon
kmcdon's picture
(Reply to #46518)

Nice.

Does that have a "handmade by kawamura" sticker on the nds chainstay?

Wed, 08/16/2017 - 19:39
Todd
Todd's picture

lol, thats basically what my endpoint is going to be.

Wed, 08/16/2017 - 22:22
Shortpants
Shortpants's picture

damn that bike is sick.

Wed, 08/16/2017 - 22:55
jimmythefly
jimmythefly's picture
(Reply to #46521)

chairmandave wrote:

I refurbished this old Nishiki Barbarian for my oldest brother to tool around and run errands.

My second-oldest brother originally bought this new in Okinawa when he was in the Marine Corps during the 80s. It passed hands through the family a couple times and ended up in my lap with just the frame, fork, headset and original bullmoose bar remaining.

Goddamn those kooka cranks and hard anno rims.... I'm in love.

deadforkinglast wrote:
But honestly, I have no idea how I am going to follow through on that plan and I already have a pretty rad bike. I think I just like fucking with my bikes.

Sat, 08/19/2017 - 23:24
sparksflyhigh
sparksflyhigh's picture

The parts bin townie shit bike. Needs a front rack for grocery purposes

Sun, 08/20/2017 - 00:40
NOVELTYNAME
NOVELTYNAME's picture

Is that a hg?

"Folks want options!"

Sun, 08/20/2017 - 14:30
sparksflyhigh
sparksflyhigh's picture
(Reply to #46524)

NOVELTYNAME wrote:
Is that a hg?

No lol. It's blue. Hard to tell with the poor lighting

Sun, 08/20/2017 - 15:36
Face
Face's picture

Thank you for being a decent human being and cleaning your floor.

And for a parts bin Townie, 9/10. Would shred to the hardware store.

Mr. Pubes wrote:
i fear that you are so lost in your own asshole that you may never be found again. do you have a flare gun? send for help.

Sun, 08/20/2017 - 16:04
balooon
balooon's picture

Sun, 08/20/2017 - 22:38
ckd
ckd's picture

What fork is that?

Edit: Directed at Sparky.

Spencer Raleigh, Medical Panini

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 00:31
sparksflyhigh
sparksflyhigh's picture

Its a low trail fork using most of the same parts as the old biplane elephant fork. I wish it was a gunther-diddler fork

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 01:21
Tail Hook Lengthener
Tail Hook Lengthener's picture

Do you say "most of the parts," because you specced a tube for the brake which won't break?

Sneaky Viking wrote:
when you look back at your life sometimes you see a set of hands on your keyboard and a set of paws, but sometimes there's only a set of paws and that's when Tarckbear was typing for you.

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 01:34
Rusty Piton
Rusty Piton's picture

Are there three more identical frames in that first picture? What is this thing and why do you have four of it?

emor wrote:
Bicycle commuting is the worst way to get anywhere except for all the other ways.

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 09:25
jawn doe
jawn doe's picture

not sure if i posted this since i "finished" building it
sweet musa jeffrey richman frame with some piece of shit chinese fork. 130 spaced, 68mm bb, 9/8 headtube but won't accommodate a road crank :(
tempted to get a better fork for it but really there's not much that checks the boxes. 26", 9/8", canti posts and anything more than just fender eyelets. current fork sits right around 400 a-c which handles just fine but i have no idea what the bike was built around. anyone (read:fred) have any suggestions?

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 09:59
sparksflyhigh
sparksflyhigh's picture
(Reply to #46532)

Rusty Piton wrote:
Are there three more identical frames in that first picture? What is this thing and why do you have four of it?

I built 4 identical frames for my thesis research project, trying to replicate Hineys results on planing. Now I have 4 frames sitting around. I haven't been able to sell them yet, so I made one into a parts bin bike

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 14:39
sparksflyhigh
sparksflyhigh's picture
(Reply to #46533)

Wintage Townie wrote:
Do you say "most of the parts," because you specced a tube for the brake which won't break?

Actually, no. My other low trail disc forks are built with the asym blades. But for these frames I bought the normal blades, thinking they would be easier to work with. 2 weeks later, I read about the breakages.

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 14:40
Face
Face's picture
(Reply to #46534)

sparksflyhigh wrote:
Rusty Piton wrote:
Are there three more identical frames in that first picture? What is this thing and why do you have four of it?

I built 4 identical frames for my thesis research project, trying to replicate Hineys results on planing. Now I have 4 frames sitting around. I haven't been able to sell them yet, so I made one into a parts bin bike

What size, specs? I'm sure tarck will buy them.

Mr. Pubes wrote:
i fear that you are so lost in your own asshole that you may never be found again. do you have a flare gun? send for help.

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 15:24
Rusty Piton
Rusty Piton's picture

Yes Tarck will buy them.
Hell, I might buy one!

emor wrote:
Bicycle commuting is the worst way to get anywhere except for all the other ways.

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 16:07
sparksflyhigh
sparksflyhigh's picture

I forget the exact specs. I can dig up the drawings. The size was close to a large NFE, but with a lower top tube and a little less stack, because some of my test riders were a bit shorter than me (6'2"). They are pretty ghetto, the powdercoat sucks, the chainring clearance dents are ugly, and the tire clearance is a little inconsistent between fork and frame. They were rush jobs, but they'd be a cheap ish way to get into lowtrailbro dick bike

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 16:33
Rusty Piton
Rusty Piton's picture

Just hypothetically, how much would you want for onea thems?

emor wrote:
Bicycle commuting is the worst way to get anywhere except for all the other ways.

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 16:37
sparksflyhigh
sparksflyhigh's picture

Cost of materials: $200 shipped

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 16:43
sparksflyhigh
sparksflyhigh's picture

Includes a token black needle headset

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 16:45
Rusty Piton
Rusty Piton's picture

That's one helluva deal!
I'd buy one in a second if I didn't already have three lowtrailbros in my stable.

emor wrote:
Bicycle commuting is the worst way to get anywhere except for all the other ways.

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 16:48
iwillbe
iwillbe's picture
(Reply to #46541)

sparksflyhigh wrote:
Cost of materials: $200 shipped

would one of them fit someone who's 6'6" and likes a pretty long position on the bike?

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 16:52
sparksflyhigh
sparksflyhigh's picture
(Reply to #46542)

iwillbe wrote:
sparksflyhigh wrote:
Cost of materials: $200 shipped

would one of them fit someone who's 6'6" and likes a pretty long position on the bike?

Ehhhh probably not. I can answer you with numbers when I find the drawing. At my height, it feels right but you would need an extra long stem and a lot of seatpost and it might be counterproductive.

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 16:59
Face
Face's picture

Too bad they're not huge, I'd buy one.

Mr. Pubes wrote:
i fear that you are so lost in your own asshole that you may never be found again. do you have a flare gun? send for help.

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 17:09
jawn doe
jawn doe's picture

too bad they're larger than medium and i already own that bike in transparent purple. i'd buy one.

also, too, what was the verdict? jan gonna jan? does a flexier frame travel faster when stuffed inside of a burlap sack? did you put pool noodles over the main tubes while testing?

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 17:38
sparksflyhigh
sparksflyhigh's picture
(Reply to #46545)

jawn doe wrote:
also, too, what was the verdict? jan gonna jan? does a flexier frame travel faster when stuffed inside of a burlap sack? did you put pool noodles over the main tubes while testing?

Actually yeah.

I tested with a Pioneer crankset power meter, and most runs were on a trainer, so I could compare power in/power out. There were no statistically significant results connecting power output (maximum and average) or heart rate to stiffness, except that the "power quotient", which is the average power/maximum power during a sprint, was higher on the stiffer frame, which is the opposite of Jan's claim. Jan also says that he feels he can do more cardio on a flexy frame, which was not supported by my data. There are all kinds of confounding factors, so I wouldn't go ascribing a performance advantage to stiff frames. Like Jan's test, I only varied the front triangle stiffness, but I used 858 standard, 969 standard, and 858 oversize. Jan's original test with power meter was based on 5 data points, so not exactly the definition of rigorous. My results also didn't support the "stiffer=better power transfer" people, so at least there's that. I'd like to do more research with better equipment and more tightly controlled procedures so I can get more/higher quality data.

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 18:28
sparksflyhigh
sparksflyhigh's picture
(Reply to #46546)

derp

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 18:32
Rusty Piton
Rusty Piton's picture

That's awesome. I home you got an A+ on your project!

emor wrote:
Bicycle commuting is the worst way to get anywhere except for all the other ways.

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 19:13
euclid
euclid's picture

Wheel size/tire clearance?

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 20:22
spaghetti
spaghetti's picture

i want one
send them all to chicago

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 20:24
Blakey
Blakey's picture

This is great!

When will you show Jan your contradictory results?

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 20:26

Pages